Date: May 19, From: Science Vol.
Publisher: American Association for the Advancement of Science. Document Type: Book review. Length: words.
- The Ohio State University Press;
- Navigation menu.
- Studying Literature in English: An Introduction?
As infant feeding became the keystone of the emerging specialty of pediatrics, the manufacture of infant food became a lucrative industry. More and more mothers reported difficulty in nursing their babies. This book clarifies the complex and contradictory interaction between women and the medical profession in America. Product details Format Paperback pages Dimensions Other books in this series.
Mothers and Medicine Rima D. Add to basket.
- Document - Mothers and Medicine: A Social History of Infant Feeding,
Review quote "Apple's "Mothers and Medicine" is a fascinating sociohistorical documentation of infant feeding practices, of the mother's role in the creation of information and hospital support systems, and the development of pediatrics as a medical specialty. It will be invaluable, however, not only to historians of medicine, but to others interested in the historical relationships between physicians, infants, and their parents.
- Statistical and Thermal Physics: With Computer Applications.
- iMovie The Missing Manual 2014 release, covers iMovie 10.0 for Mac and 2.0 for iOS.
- Cult of the mother. – jenhock!
- The 1960s (Eyewitness History Series);
- Project MUSE - Mothers and Medicine.
- Rumpole and the Primrose Path!
- Readings in American History?
Lederer, "The History of Medicine" "The strength of Apple's book is her ability to indicate how the mutual interests of mothers, doctors, and manufacturers led to the transformation of infant feeding. Historians of science will be impressed with the way she probes the connections between the medical profession and the manufacturers and with her ability to demonstrate how medical theories were translated into medical practice.
Foucault, M. Fuss, D. Freud, S. Gibbens, J.
Goel, K. Hardyment, C.
Hewart, R. Holland, J. Jivani, S. Kessen, W. Kitzinger, S.
[PDF] Mothers and Medicine: A Social History of Infant Feeding, 1890â€“1950 (History of Science
Lobstein, T. Maher, V. Masters, W.
- Mothers and Medicine: A Social History of Infant Feeding, 1890-1950.
- Mothers and Medicine: A Social History of Infant Feeding, | JAMA | JAMA Network.
- Mothers and Motherhood?
McIntosh, J. McNay, L.
Morgan, D. New Generation , , magazine of the National Childbirth Trust. Palmer, G. Scott, J.